The Maxi-Cosi Opal is a high comfort-combination car seat, suitable from birth to 18 kg (approx. 4 years).
At the touch of a button it can be easily be transformed from a rearward Group 0+ baby car seat to a forward facing Group 1 toddler car seat.
With its unique, angled base, the Opal provides additional legroom for your little one, so parents have the option to use this car seat from birth to 13 kg (approx. 15/18) in rearward facing position. This is 3 to 6 months longer than many other rearward-facing Group 0+ car seats.
Travelling in a rearward facing position offers increased head and neck protection for your child in the event of a collision.
This Maxi-Cosi car seat spans two age groups and therefore the unit grows with your child in height and width to provide long lasting comfort and safety.
Supplied with a removable newborn seat reducer, this Group 0+/1 car seat provides a natural recline in rearward facing position and 5 recline position in forward facing mode to make it possible for your little one to sit comfortably at all times, during sleep or sitting upright.
Installed using the car seat belt, the Maxi-Cosi Opal uses the same belt routing for each direction of travel and the intuitive installation process makes it a breeze to use.
Your child will be safe and secure in this car seat as it features a 5-point safety harness with handy belt hooks, designed to keep the harness out of your way when placing your little one in their seat.
- The seat harness and headrest adjust together to ensure the headrest always remains in a comfy position and the harness stays at the correct level as your child grows.
- Extended rearward facing travel from birth until 13 kg (approx. 15/18 months) Use forward facing from 9 kg to 18 kg (approx. 4 years)
- Easy to install in most cars with a 3-point seat belt
- Soft padded and spacious seat, adjustable both height and width-wise to grow with your child Includes a belt tensioner for a more secure fit
- Unique angle base offers a nature recline for extra comfort for babies while in the rearward facing position
- Helpful guide indicates the right time to switch to forward facing 5 recline positions when in forward facing mode
- Simultaneous headrest and harness adjustment - Harness hooks to help keep the harness out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Added side protection system for better head and neck protection
- Includes a newborn seat reducer for younger babies, 5-point safety harness and harness pads
- ECE R44/04 approved